Are you having problems with your oil, gas, or biomass furnace? The simple troubleshooting below identifies some of the most common problems people have with their furnace.
" My furnace is not turning on "
This could be the result of multiple problems, but there are a few simple things you can attempt yourself before giving us a call.
- Check fuse or breaker
- Check power switch
- Change Batteries in thermostat
- If you have an oil furnace, press the reset
- If you have a gas furnace, turnoff the power for 30 seconds and then turn the power back on
"My furnace runs for a short period of time, but does not stay on"
A) If you have an oil furnace
- Check the fuel level
- Check the oil line to see if it is frozen
- Check the valves on the oil line and make sure that they are open
B) If you have a gas furnace
- Check the valves on the gas line and make sure that they are open.
- Check the valves on the gas meter and make sure that it is open
Keeping the Heat On!